Air Conditioner Repair
The Air Pro Heating & Cooling team is the choice provider of air conditioner repair services in St. Louis. When your air conditioner malfunctions during the hot and muggy St. Louis summers, the failure of even a single part can mean your family has to endure the scorching Missouri temperatures and humidity. At Air Pro Heating & Cooling, we understand that a broken air conditioner can make the St. Louis summer unbearable, so our air conditioner repair services include 24 hour emergency maintenance and repairs.
For air conditioners that are more than ten years old, a replacement is likely the correct solution, but for newer models that are not functioning properly, a repair can oftentimes provide a simpler yet equally as effective result. At Air Pro Heating & Cooling, our skilled technicians are trained to repair all makes and models of air conditioners.
Our Air Conditioner Repair Process
During our air conditioner repairs, one of our experts will
- Thoroughly examine your existing air conditioner unit to determine what the issue is.
- If a repair is the right solution, our HVAC repair technicians work with your home layout and budget to determine the best and most cost-effective solution to repair your malfunctioning air conditioner.
- After selecting the best repair option, our team will work quickly to resolve it as well as test your air conditioner to ensure it is functioning perfectly and keeping your home comfortable during the St. Louis summers.
Phase out of R-22
The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has been reducing the production of R-22 for the last 9 years. The alternative solution is R-410A, commonly called Puron®. Puron® is environmental friendly and does not carry the chemicals like R-22, which destroys the ozone layer.
What is R-22?
R-22 is an HCFC refrigerant that is used in air conditioners and heat pumps. HCFCs are chemicals that deplete the ozone layer. In 2020, R-22 will no longer be produced or imported and only reclaimed or recycled supplies will be available.
What does this mean for homeowners?
Increased cost and limited supply. Consumers have already noticed the soaring costs of this refrigerant and it will only continue to increase due to the shortage of R-22. At Air Pro Heating & Cooling, our technicians are trained to keep our customers aware of all the latest regulations and will advise you of the best solution for you and your family. Make sure to keep a file of your service tickets and take a look at the repair costs you have made. Have you been advised in the past that you have a refrigerant leak? Have you put a lot of money into repairs for an older unit? The rising cost of R-22 may not be beneficial for you in the long run.
What are my options?
- First, find out which type of refrigerant your unit uses. You can check the nameplate on the air conditioner or if you have the model and serial number of your unit, you can call the manufacturer. Typically, if your unit was installed before 2010 you most likely have R-22.
- If your unit has the R-22 refrigerant- you do not have to do anything right away! Consider your options. Have you had multiple repairs on your unit in the last few years? Is your unit over 10 years old? Are your utility bills increasing? If you have answered yes to these questions, you may want to consider replacing your unit.
- If you aren't needing replacement- make sure to have annual maintenance on your HVAC System. By doing this, technicians can fully inspect your system in the spring and fall and catch potential problems so you can plan ahead for future expenses.
Benefits of Replacing your Air Conditioner
- New air conditioners have Puron®, which is ozone friendly.
- Upgrading your air conditioner will save you on energy costs.
- Better Home Comfort. Newer technology with HVAC equipment and properly sized equipment will make you more comfortable in the colder and warmer months.
- Selling your home? Newly installed HVAC equipment will help give it a better resale value.
If you have questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to our staff at (314) 391-5900 or click here to set up a Free Consultation to discuss your replacement needs.